Note: To write a comment, click on the Post Title first, then Post a comment.

18 April 2008

Feng Shui of Colors

All this research about home renovations and interior decorating brought me to a lot of sites that I've never been to. While deciding on what paint colors I would use for the different rooms in our house, I came upon this concept: that colors also brings about certain energies and since Feng Shui makes use of the reflected energies from colors, there is such a thing as Feng Shui of colors.

Every association you have with a color contributes in some way to how you are. That is why colors play a meaningful role within the practice of Feng Shui. It is very essential for you to understand why toning down or playing up certain Feng Shui colors in your home will help you to achieve the goals you have set for yourself in your life.

Further readings made me realize that there are a lot of colors to choose from and which rooms these colors could work well with. Hmmm... I still have yet to finalize the look for the tiny space alloted for the kitchen but I know I want something red in it, if not a wall, maybe the trimmings for the cabinets or cupboards as Red is said to represent the energy of sun and life. Which means that the right amount of red in your home will bring joy, excitement and passion. Besides red is a color for celebrations and where else best to start a celebration than the kitchen?

No comments: