Note: To write a comment, click on the Post Title first, then Post a comment.

04 March 2008

Chicken Casserole

This is what we had for dinner... I didn't go to the market or the grocery store last weekend so I had to make do with ingredients that were available at home to make dinner for me and hubby. (Mental Note: Go to the grocery tomorrow after church, to buy fresh supplies!!!)

Chicken Casserole finished product


I don't know what this dish is called since, like I said, I had to make do with what was left in our refrigerator and pantry. Maybe there is a already a dish like this called something else but for now, I'm calling it Chicken Casserole. Oh, and although I am stating the amount I used when I cooked, I guess everyone is free to alter everything according to their taste...

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 Kilo Chicken Wings
2 Bell Peppers, cut into strips
1 small pack tomato sauce
1 large onion
1 clove garlic
2 small potatoes, quartered
1 tablespoon fish sauce (patis)
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 cup water
salt and pepper, to taste

PROCEDURE:
In a pan, saute garlic and onions in canola oil then add the chicken wings, salt, pepper and fish sauce then stir fry until the wings are half cooked. Add the bell peppers and 1 cup of water and let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and let it simmer again until the potatoes get half cooked.
Chicken Casserole step 01

Then add the tomato sauce and simmer to completely cooke the potatoes and to reduce the sauce into a thick consistency.
Chicken Casserole step 02

There, it's simple so you can make it in about 15 to 20 minutes. Very ideal for working housewives like me! Plus it can serve 2 to 4 people depending on how many helpings they get, hehehe! But since there was only me and hubby, there was enough leftover for hubby to bring to work tomorrow for his lunch.

No comments: