Note: To write a comment, click on the Post Title first, then Post a comment.

11 October 2008

Shopping List

After our window shopping last week for baby stuff, I decided that I have to be completely rational about shopping for all the baby needs if I want to still be able to keep enough money for when the baby actually comes! All the cute stuff would have to be stayed away from for a while... I have to make a list first of what the baby really needs before I start losing my sanity and buy everything I find nice and adorable. Here's my list so far (and mommy friends, feel free to suggest/add anything that SHOULD be in the list but I have not thought of yet):

Clothes

  • 5 undershirts or onesies
  • 2 blanket sleepers
  • 3 pairs of socks or booties
  • 5 pajama stretchsuits
  • 1-2 dress-up outfits
  • 1 Hat
  • 1 sweater

Bedding

  • Bassinet or crib
  • Baby mattress
  • sheets

Breast-feeding

  • 3 nursing bras
  • Pillow to support baby
  • Breast pump
  • 1 box of breast pads
  • Nipple cream (lanolin-based is best)
  • Loose shirts or button-downs for me (easier for nursing)

Changing

  • Diapers
  • Baby lotion
  • Baby wipes
  • Diaper rash ointments
  • Toys to distract the baby
  • Changing mat
  • Tissues
  • Dirty-diaper bin or bucket

For Going Out

  • diaper bag/backpack
  • baby carrier/stroller
  • diapers
  • Travel-size tissues
  • Baby wipes
  • Plastic bag for dirty diapers
Like I said, I only listed the basics (and pardon for the repeated items, I just categorized them as to when they would be used so...) Oh, and I know, the clothes look super few, but I want to buy more (of course after the baby comes already).

1 comment:

maiylah said...

you might want to add lactacyd (baby bath, the blue one) and some kiddie cotton buds, too. :)