Note: To write a comment, click on the Post Title first, then Post a comment.

26 September 2008

Our Baby at 21 Weeks

I have been reading and reading about fetal development in textbooks (It's funny how I didn't find it as interesting when I was in College and now I dug up my old pre-med books just so I could read them all over again); maternity guides; and the internet and so far, this is what I know:



  • The fetus now weighs about three-quarters of a pound/ 360 grams. Up until now she has been measured from crown to rump but from this point on the measurement will be from crown to heel. And from crown to heel she is approximately 10.5 inches/ 27 centimetres long. The eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed and the fingernails cover the fingertips.

I got this from babycenter.com... I'm so excited to have my 4D ultrasound this weekend! I can't wait to see the developments!



  • Your baby can now hear your conversations. If you talk, read, or sing to your baby, expect her to hear you. Some studies have found that newborns will suck more vigorously when read to from a book they heard frequently in utero. If you want to try, pick a book now and read it out loud. Make sure you won't mind reading it over and over once the baby is here. It may be your baby's favourite bedtime story for a long time after birth.

For the past couple of nights, I have been reading different children's classic bedtime stories like, "Cinderella" and "Three Little Pigs" and sometimes I can feel the baby move while reading... Also, I have been repeatedly playing classical music on my office pc for the most part of the morning (Since I also read that classical music helps up the baby's intelligence).


I read somewhere that during the 5th month the nausea lets up and this the most pleasant you'd be feeling while pregnant but this isn't true for me because I didn't get the "morning sickness" bit during my first trimester (except for a couple of mornings and one noon when I threw up) but lately, the oddest of smells would trigger the onslaught of nausea! Anyway, I guess to each her own when it comes to these things... Basta, I'm super happy these days, and no matter how many problems I encounter in the office or with my new neighbors... They wouldn't be able to dampen my spirits!

No comments: