Note: To write a comment, click on the Post Title first, then Post a comment.

27 February 2008

My Newfound Fave

Last night I wanted to cook something different but had a limited supply of ingredients so I looked inside our ref and found half a kilo of chicken and the feta cheese that my uncle gave me after reading my post about cravings about a week ago. I know, the post is much older than just a week but what can I do, my uncle reads my posts once in a blue moon! *eyes rolling* But back to the cooking thing, I thought I'd try and imitate a dish I tasted when I attended a friend's wedding so I browsed the net for a recipe... and here's what I found:

CHICKEN WITH FETA CHEESE SAUCE
Ingredients:
Vegetable cooking spray
6 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon margarine
4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
1 tablespoon freeze-dried chives
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese

Directions:

1. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add chicken, and cook 7 minutes on each side or until done; set aside, and keep warm.

2. Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a wire whisk. Gradually add evaporated milk to flour mixture, stirring constantly. Stir in chives. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 3 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Add feta cheese, and stir until cheese melts. Spoon cheese sauce over chicken

The recipe's quite simple, I just made a few alterations with the portions of chicken and I didn't have chives so I just used scallions... It turned pretty good, actually. In fact this probably wouldn't be the last time I would be cooking it 'coz it tasted really good. But It wasn't the one I got to taste at my friend's wedding. Oh well, there's always the next time...

No comments: