Note: To write a comment, click on the Post Title first, then Post a comment.

19 August 2007

33 Random Things

33 Things I Want to Share About Me

Since I'm turning 33 several minutes from now, I've decided to share 33 things about myself... This is not in any particular order, I just wrote them as they came to me. Bare with me, this is going to be quite a long post.

1. I'm the eldest of five children born to Adelaida and Hermilo.
2. I'm also the eldest grandchild, both on my Mother's and Father's side but I'm not in the least bit spoiled! nyahahaha, defensive!
3. I’m very sensitive towards others’ feelings as well as their reactions to me but I am not confrontational so I always process my realizations first before making a move.
4. I’m impatient. I hate waiting and I have very low tolerance for incapabilities of others and I normally tell them as non-offensive as possible but only once. After that I just do the deed myself or ask someone more capable to do it.
5. I’m a pre-med graduate and I wanted to go on to medicine proper but decided not to in the end because I had to take into consideration my four younger siblings and the toll it’s going to take on my parents having to send all of us to school.
6. After graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in Biology. I became a bum. I stayed at home just taking care of my youngest sister for a year or so and then the first job I had didn’t have anything to do with my course… I became a Computer Teacher for preschoolers and a courseware developer.
7. I opened my own computer shop/computer tutorials for gradeschool students at age 21 and it was doing ok but I decided to sell the computers and work as a regular employee after a couple of years because I wanted to be able to mingle with more people (hehehe, my computer shop at that time was an extension of our house so I very rarely get out of the house!)
8. I had two serious relationships before I met my husband and two short-term ones.
9. My first kiss happened when I was 16 at our JS Prom, and yes he was my first boyfriend. (one of the two short-term, nyahaha!)
10. I’m grossed out by the mere sight of a lizard, I don’t know why!
11. I am artistically-inclined, whatever that means! But that’s what my evaluator told me after our management evaluation seminar last year.
12. I am very interested in tech gadgets, I don’t necessarily buy the latest gadgets but I just like keeping tabs on what’s new, and what’s hot.
13. I met my husband through the internet. To those who have not read it yet, click here for our Love Story.
14. I like cooking, specially for family and friends. I also dabbled in baking for a while but it’s been a long time since I baked anything from scratch because I have yet to own an oven.
15. I hate doing the laundry! It’s the most tedious house chore I ever have to do and it drains the energy right out of me.
16. Reading, watching DVDs and playing computer games are what I do when my time is not occupied by work or house chores.
17. I became a voracious reader at age 8 when I would spend time at the library while waiting for my mom’s lunch break when she could walk me home. She was the principal of the school I went to during elementary.
18. One of the first books that made an impact on me was “I Wish Had Duck Feet” by Dr. Seuss (Theodore LeSeig) then I had Nancy Drew series (my mom bought me lots of it) then in highschool I had lots of Sweet Valley High and Sweet Dreams books. Now I am collecting books by Sandra Brown (aside of course from the Harry Potter Books)
19. I could sleep for hours and hours… I can’t seem to have enough sleep, specially on rainy days, I could go on sleeping the whole day. I remember in college, after a field activity in Marinduque that lasted for a week, I came home at around four in the morning, just took a quick shower and slept… I woke up around two in the afternoon for a quick trip to the bathroom and to drink a couple of glasses of water then went back to sleep and didn’t wake up until three in the morning the following day because we had another field activity in Baguio!
20. I’m a frustrated designer. I designed my bridal gown and the gowns of all of the female entourage in my wedding plus if I was given cloth as a gift, I think of a design that would best suit that textile, make a drawing and have a dressmaker make it for me.
21. Going to Palawan would be my dream vacation here in the Philippines, Singapore if in Asia but my ultimate dream getaway would be to Florence, Italy.
22. I’m a homebody.
23. I’m a couch potato.
24. I have asthma.
25. I was diagnosed with PCOS about four or five months after I got married. I’m still under medication, and is undergoing fertility treatment.
26. I got married at age 31 but my husband often tells me that he keeps forgetting that I’m older than him by almost three years because I don’t act my age…hehehe, good thing I don’t look my age too, nyahahaha!
27. I’m a hopeless shopaholic and a ditz with the credit card!
28. As a student, I excelled in most subjects except anything that has to do with Math.
29. I did an oil painting once for a humanities class and sold it for P1,800 during a fund raising activity of our school org. for an orphanage.
30. I don’t like noisy, chaotic crowds. That’s why I don’t go out much, to avoid them. I don’t even go to the mall during sales.
31. I like listening to dance music and sometimes dance when I’m all alone at the house. I’m too shy to dance in front of other people.
32. When I’m angry, I don’t talk. I avoid having conversations because I might end up saying something I will regret someday.
33. I have always kept a journal… before I used to write everything in a diary, no skipping of days, every night before I go to sleep, I write. Now I just write when I feel like writing -- which often occurs often enough.

So there, 33 things about me before I turn 33!

1 comment:

ruther said...

pareho pala tayong product ng technology..i met my fiancé online din :)