Note: To write a comment, click on the Post Title first, then Post a comment.

14 January 2009

Baby Things Update

A couple of months back, I posted something about the list of things I would buy for my baby... now, a few days before my due date I have yet to buy all the things written in that list but I just don't want to go overboard (like I usually do) shopping and then end up not needing nor using some of the stuff I purchase. My mom said I could always shop for more baby stuff when our little Adam arrives. So anyway, here are the stuff I have bought so far...

Clothes
  • 5 undershirts or onesies
  • 2 blanket sleepers
  • 3 pairs of socks or booties
  • 5 pajama stretchsuits
  • 1-2 dress up outfits
  • 1 hat
  • 1 sweater
Bedding
  • bassinet or crib
  • baby mattress ~ i bought a couple of comforters instead
  • sheets
Breastfeeding
  • 3 nursing bras ~ i only have one... am still waiting for the two i ordered from a friend
  • pillow to support baby
  • breast pump
  • 1 box of breast pads
  • nipple cream (lanolin based)
  • loose shirts or button downs for me (easier for nursing)
Changing
  • diapers
  • baby lotion
  • baby wipes
  • diaper rash ointment
  • toys to distract the baby
  • changing mat
  • tissues
  • dirty diaper bin or bucket
For Going Out
  • diaper bag/backpack
  • baby carrier/stroller
  • diapers
  • travel-size tissues
  • baby wipes
  • plastic bag for dirty diapers
While waiting for my doctor during one of my check-ups a med rep gave me a free digital thermometer so I'm counting that as one of the baby needs that I could cross-out the list also... so mommies out there, am I all set for the big day? Or do I have to run to the mall to get something essential before my baby arrives?

4 comments:

Jen said...

have you packed your hospital bag yet? bring socks, things to read/relax you, something to moisturize your lips, your own maternity pads (unless they're free at your hospital!), slippers and robe (unless provided at your hospital).

baby definitely needs a bag of his own :). he'll need an outfit going home and anything you'd like him to wear in the nursery (unless, again, provided by the hospital).

thanks for the wishes :).

Heidi said...

@ Jen ~ I just finished packing my stuff for the hospital last night. I have to add the maternity pads though... and I have to ask whether the clothes baby wears while in the hospital would come from me na. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Bring something to read like a book or a magazine during your labor. Lalo na kung induced ka, kasi you'll gonna wait for a couple of hours before mag-descend si baby. Ako na-bore ng konti pero kasi madadaldal yung mga PGI nung time ko dahil ako lang in labor at nanganak ng Mother's day kaya ok lang.

And also have a small pouch bag with an oil blotting paper and lip balm para maganda picture nyo ni baby pag nilabas na siya. demand for a picture... ako nag-demand ako kaso bunbunan at boobs ko ang kinunan, hindi nakaharap sa akin si Janna... la tuloy akong winning moment pics with her.

bring socks, coz magiging lamigin ka promise!

Grabe lapit na... can;t wait for your panganganak ... ingats palagi.

Heidi said...

@ Ann ~ I already have a book, lip balm and a couple of pairs of socks in my bag... I'll just have to add the blotting paper, hehehe!