Note: To write a comment, click on the Post Title first, then Post a comment.

29 August 2006

Back to the Saltmines

I know some people might think it’s mediocre or just plain tedious to go through the everyday routines of a working housewife but please indulge a recently married woman like me…
It may be of no great deal to a long time working housewife who has been through a lot already and has endured so much more than I have but for me, the novelty of having to take care of my husband as well as going through my usual hectic day at work hasn’t worn off yet. I mean, just think about it…

Before, when I wake up in the morning, breakfast is already waiting and the only dilemma I face before going to work is what clothes I would wear that day.

Now, I have to wake up earlier than usual (much earlier!) and see that my husband would at least get to drink his morning caffeine dose before seeing him off to work. (By the way, I love the fact that he always wants me to see him off at the gate and smile while saying “goodbye, I love you and take care”.) And then after work I have to prepare dinner for both of us. Not to mention the weekend chores like doing the laundry, ironing the clothes and going grocery shopping. But don’t think that I am complaining… I am very happy… Happy that I am now Mrs. Yadao (I can’t help but smile everytime someone calls me that… It still makes me “kilig”). Happy that I fall asleep with my husband whispering sweet nothings in my ear. Happy that even though my hubby is the one who sets the alarm for 5am, I’m the one who turns it off and wake him up. But most of all, I am very very happy knowing that although we are not that blessed yet… that someday (my OB-Gyne said everything’s normal) we would be blessed with a baby (or two)…

Anyways, nawala na yata yung train of thought ko... What I'm saying is:

However hard or easy the routines I go through everyday, and even though I sometimes dread going to work on Mondays because I feel like I have not fully enjoyed the weekend yet... I appreciate the fact that I am now a wife, albeit busy, but a wife nonetheless


Ay basta, I'm sure nage-gets na ako nung mga recently married! For now, it's back to work for me muna...

No comments: