Note: To write a comment, click on the Post Title first, then Post a comment.

03 November 2011

The Day our Princess Came

It has been quite an ordeal, going through this second pregnancy... Maybe I was just not expecting my second experience at being preggers to be that much different from my first, but the pain and emotional rollercoaster really took it's toll on me.  So, by the time I reached my eighth month I was so ready and willing to give birth already.  But of course, I still had to weight a few more weeks... and so I did but entering my 9th month, I already went on maternity leave.  I just couldn't go to work anymore with the pain I was feeling plus the frequent cramps I was experiencing at that time.  I stayed at my parents' home while waiting for my due date, which I spent embroidering my baby's name on her blankets and diapers.

October 26
  I was wishing and praying that this would be the day... but nothing happened.

October 28
  Please Lord, let it be today or before October ends... I just can't endure the wait any longer...

October 29
   I almost can't even get up to pee... The pain just seems to be getting worse!  Today's my Aunt Lily's birthday but I just couldn't leave the house.  At around 6:00 in the evening, I drank lots of water and told my mom I'm going to sleep early.  It was already 8:30 PM when my hubby woke me up to have dinner but I said I didn't feel like eating so I just had a couple more glasses of water then went back to sleep.

October 30
   At around 12:45 AM I got up to go to the comfort room.  I also splashed water on my face because I felt really hot and then went back to bed.  I couldn't go back to sleep though... I kept tossing and turning until I gave up trying to sleep and tried to read a book instead.  After a couple of pages, I got up to have another glass of water and then went to the living room to watch a TV.  It was already 2:00 AM when I felt the first contraction... I timed the intervals and when they were coming too quickly after one another, I woke up my husband and parents and we all went to the hospital.  I was admitted to the Emergency Room of Olivarez General Hospital at 2:59AM.  My water broke when they performed IE on me and the contractions kept becoming more and more frequent.  They couldn't properly IV me so they just sent me to the OR so the anesthesiologist would be the one to do it.  My OB arrived at around 3:15 AM and at about the same time I heard them say that my contractions are too frequent and long already that it was too late for an epidural.  I think I just got a shot in my arm for the pain because the rest was just a blur after that...
Next thing I know... I am being wheeled in to my room and was being instructed to rest up so my baby could room in with me by the next day.  It really is quite an overwhelming feeling when you get to hold your baby for the first time... It's like being introduced to your purpose in life... here she is, Charlize Ann Yadao, a very welcome addition to our family...

Charlize was born on October 30, 2011 at 3:31AM weighing 3.23 kilograms with a length of 50 cm.

No comments: