Note: To write a comment, click on the Post Title first, then Post a comment.

13 April 2009

Adam's Baptism

Yesterday, aside from being easter sunday, marked my son's entry to the Christian World. The ceremony was simple and shared with 5 other babies at the Cathedral of St. Andrew in ParaƱaque.  The reception was held at my parents home with the help of a caterer friend who gave us a huge discount and relatives who pitched in by providing the sound system and running errands for us.  The invitations were a project I played with using photoshop and then had printed in a nearby photo developing outlet.  I did several layouts and couldn't make my mind up which one to print for the final layout so I ended up having two different layouts for the invites:
I also made a layout for a tarpauline which I had printed for only 350 pesos:
Here are some of the pictures taken during the ceremony:




The food during the reception were:  Beef with mushroom and young corn, mixed vegetables with shrimp, chicken lollipops, pork hamonado and buko pandan.  My aunt cooked spicy shrimps to add to the viands layed out for the guests and I ordered a chocolate cake from Red Ribbon also to add color and sweetness to the mix.
The giveaways were miniature ceramic displays and glass pacifiers for the guests while the godparents received tumblers with Adam's photo in it with text saying "I am a proud godparent of Charles Adam"
And here's the new christian sound asleep after the ceremony:
To all our relatives and friends who were able to attend, Thanks so much!

3 comments:

AiDiSan said...

welcome to the christian world baby adam.

the invitation & tarpaulin you design looks great...great job sis

cheryll said...

ei, congrats mommy and daddy :) welcome to the Christian world, Adam. Nakakatuwa, tulog din si adam during his baptism...alala ko si ethan, tulog din the whole time...hanggang picture taking hehe.

Heidi said...

Thanks mga sis! Actually Che, gising si Adam during the seminar, super react pa siya dun sa nagle-lecture tapos nung ceremony na gising pa siya nung start tapos after mabuhusan ng holy water nakatulog ang bagets, hehe!