Note: To write a comment, click on the Post Title first, then Post a comment.

26 December 2007

'Twas The Day After Christmas...

family xmas

I was supposed to go back to work today but as I woke up at around 10 in the morning already, I saw that it was pointless to rush myself to go to work, well it is really not surprising that I overslept what with the tiring (but uber happy) day that was yesterday... Christmas morning was spent cleaning up the mess that was made the night before and then I started cooking for the Christmas lunch that I was hosting for my family. I cooked simple dishes that were family favorites: Chicken Curry, Inihaw na Bangus, Pork Barbeque and Beef Stew. My family arrived at around 12:30pm and we started eating lunch right away. After lunch, we opened our gifts for one another and watched TV for a while. Then after a few minutes of rest my baby sister, Mae helped me to cook carbonara for the visitors that I was expecting later that day (my godchildren... with their parents of course!). At around 3:00pm they (mom, dad, sisters & bro) bid me "adieu" to go visit my grandmother and my mom's siblings who were at my Aunt's house before finally going home. I caught a bit of R&R for an hour or two before my cousin Tin-Tin came with her son Enzo (Charlie's godson) together with her husband Elmer and two of her sisters, Lorraine and Levie. Elmer joined in the "drinking session" with Charlie and some of our neighbors in front of our house while Enzo opened his "ninong Chayie's" gift. After a while came Rosebeth (my officemate) with her daughter Kate (my goddaughter) and her husband Joseph, but since Kate was in "toyo" mode, they had to leave early. After a while Enzo wanted to go home also so the rest of my guests had to follow suit. That left me with loads of cleaning up to do on my own since Charlie was still with our neighbors outside, celebrating. Needless to say, by the time Charlie and our neighbors called it a night, I was already finished with the cleanup and it was already 1:30am! I'm not complaining though, I enjoyed the things I did because it made my family and friends happy... And now here I am, writing this post from home, but tomorrow its back to the office for me!

No comments: